Planning a Quinceanera party can be very stressful. Your Quinceanera is quickly approaching and the pressure is on to turn your wishes into reality. Everything about this day should be a reflection of you and your chance to show off your impeccable style. On that note, think: Location! Location! Location!
The venue for your special day should be the first and most important step of your party planning process. It can’t be stressed enough how important the location of the party is, because it’ll make all the difference when it comes to beautiful pictures, gorgeous environment and ambience, and your guests remembering your Quinceanera party forever as one that took place in a beautiful banquet hall. Although the sacred mass is also a significant part of the Quinceanera, it’s the pageantry and festivities that will be remembered in everyone’s minds.
Once you have chosen the perfect venue, you can start planning the fun stuff like finding the perfect dress, your catering menu, sending out invites, and choosing members of your damas, chambelanes, and damitas. Your location may also coincide with the theme for your Quinceanera, which is another reason why it’s important to have this step taken care of as soon as possible. For example, the decorations, gifts, colors, and overall feel of your Quinceanera should go along with the theme of the location, whether indoor or outdoor.
Although the most traditional and common venue for a Quinceanera celebration is a banquet hall, you might also consider places like an outdoor tent or a yacht, depending on your budget and style. When deciding on the perfect location, it’s important to keep in mind the following questions:
- Accessibility: Is it easy for your guests to get to? For example, if you’re having a religious celebration then you may decide to have the party in the church hall, because after the mass is over, everyone can simply make their way into the banquet hall by walking which is both convenient and less expensive for you.
- Accommodation: The site should be large enough to hold your guests comfortably. It’s also important to consider the number of bathrooms compared to the number of guests attending and convenient parking for your guests’ vehicles.
- Attentiveness: When searching for the perfect venue or banquet hall, be sure your desired location has a manager that it attentive to your needs and concerns. Their service and attitude will play a major role in the ultimate success of your Quinceanera party.
- Timing: You should book your venue well in advance to ensure that your desired location is available for your desired date, especially since most Quinceanera celebrations are held on Saturdays which is the most popular day for wedding receptions as well. Even in the Los Angeles area where there are many banquet halls and venues to choose from, you shouldn’t take for granted that your day will be available with only a few months left!
- Contracts: Make sure you understand the terms and details that are discussed with the manager and that those details are also written in the contract to avoid misunderstanding or confusion later on. For example, some banquet halls may require you to use their catering services instead of choosing your own if your preference is different. Be sure to understand what is included in the initial quote of the banquet hall as well, and don’t hesitate to ask questions!
These are just some of the things to consider when choosing the perfect venue for your Quinceanera celebration. Remember, don’t be afraid to ask questions to make sure that you’re getting everything you want for your special day and ensure that you have fun as well instead of stressing out when it comes time to celebrate. Good luck planning!